Friday, December 6, 2013

Hard Candy Glamoflauge -- A Little Review & Photoshop

Hey darling readers!

Wow, I got a lot of new followers over the course of a day. So to all you new faces:
"Hello! Please make yourself comfortable. Pull up a comfy chair and have a nice warm beverage, okay?"

Do I sound like a good hostess? That's what blogging is all about right? Entertaining your guests so they want to come back and visit you again soon. At least, that's how I view it. I've never been good with large crowds, and I've especially never been good at entertaining large crowds.

So this is a little overwhelming. 

Anyway, on Black Friday this year, you might recall that I picked up a new concealer. I've had my other concealer for what feels like decades (far longer than you should own concealer, anyway!)

So I got Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light. I was told good things about it so I figured I'd go ahead and give it a try. For only $6 at Walmart, it wasn't a bad price. So far, I'm not sure how I feel about it. 


I have absolutely horrible under eye circles. And I mean, really bad. You wouldn't really know it from looking at pictures on my blog, since I'm always editing out the annoying little things on Photoshop. But they're there, and I hate them. Half the time, I feel like a zombie walking around. So concealer is super important to me. It's definitely my favorite make up item, since it's the one I most need.

So here we go. My before picture.


Maybe you're saying, "Oh, those aren't so bad Michelle. You're exaggerating how bad your under eye circles are."

Just know that this is sadly, the best looking picture out of the multiples I took. The one that doesn't make me look like I haven't gotten any sleep for the past 2 years.

After picture:


Yay, now I don't look quite so zombie-ish. Over all, I'm pretty happy with this concealer. Although it doesn't hide them as well as I'd like, I can at least feel like I'm not a part of the living dead. Although, if this wasn't a review, this is the picture I would be putting up:


Ah Photoshop, how I love thee.

Do you guys use Photoshop on your pictures? I know some people are all for it, and some people seem really against Photoshop being used to alter pictures. I personally really love Photoshop. It's great for getting rid of dark circles or a few pimples (which are always a problem for me once a month.. Ugh.)

Anyway, back to the review.

Like I said, it doesn't hide them as well as I would have hoped. But I'm also very new to this concealer. This isn't like my old one, where I could just throw on as much as I wanted (well, up to a point) and it would look fantastic. No, Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer is a little trickier. If you use too much, even a little too much, you're in trouble.


I only put that much on the first time I tried it for both eyes. It turns out, that small little bit you see in the picture is way, way too much. You need maybe half that. This is what happened when I put on that much concealer:


Ick. Can you see how yellow my skin is under my eyes? I didn't really notice it when I put it on, until I uploaded the photos and was like "Nope. We're trying this again."

You really only need just a tiny bit, and be sure it only goes on where the dark circles are, not the skin around it.

(I have so much more to learn about make up apparently. Sigh.)

Picture taken in natural lighting, with concealer on.
But if you get it on correctly, it ends up looking pretty nice. I'm hoping with more practice, I will perfect my concealer applying abilities. For now, I'm going to have to go through a lot of practice, however. So I can't really say how much I like this concealer as of yet. It has good potential, but I guess I'm still such a newbie at make up, I have to have a bit more talent before I can tell whether Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is a keeper or not.

I'll keep you guys posted.


It's really strange uploading photos without editing out my under eye circles, which is probably my biggest insecurity about my looks.

Not editing that out means I also wasn't able to edit out the patch of dry skin under my right eye. (Crossing fingers you can't really see it). It randomly appeared one day after I put on a ton of eye make up. Not sure what it is. I'm hoping it just goes away soon, but it's been on my face for almost a week now. Every time I think it's about gone, it's still there the next day. I really don't want to go to the doctor though. Anyone know why its there, and how to get rid of it?

Anyway, I leave you with one more picture (photoshopped. Woo, no under eye circles.)


So, what's your opinion on the Concealer? Any tips for me?
And are you for Photoshop, or against it? Let me know in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. You look pretty! Great post! Would you like to follow each other via GFC, bloglovin, facebook and instagram?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty here! i never really use concealer, but i might try!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't live without concealer, haha :)

      Michelle

      Delete
  3. I have awful under eye dark circles too. One of the things I hate most -_- feels like no matter how much stuff I put on, I still look like I've never slept. Might try this hard candy stuff...for six dollars it's worth a shot. Otherwise I love love love my bare minerals foundation. You use the bigger brush for all over, and then there's a smaller brush for concealer, and it works great for blemishes, and so/so for under eye. I just want something that hides them -_- haha. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, aren't they the worst? Ugh, I can't stand my under eye circles.
      I'll have to check out bare minerals though. That sounds pretty great :)
      And if you do try Hard Candy, good luck!

      Michelle

      Delete
  4. I'm always looking for a good under-eye concealer, currently using an e.l.f one that's doing the trick :3 I understand how you feel, I also suffer from dreaded natural eye-bags. If i don't wear enough makeup, the amount of people that comment on them is shocking. Yours are honestly not that bad though, I would probably say mine are worse but I take photos in good lighting ><

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try e.l.f. After all, their products are so cheap, and many of them are apparently quite good. I just got their eyeliner, but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to trying their other products too! :)
      I don't normally get comments about my under eye circles... I guess I hide them well enough with make up whenever I go out, haha!

      Michelle

      Delete
  5. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you...

    potato juice for dark circles

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥