Saturday, December 21, 2013

New Make-up!

Hey everyone!

So here's the make-up post that I was going to put up yesterday but got pushed back because of the lovely corset I received. (Still so happy about that!) So now, expect a lot of pictures of my face past this point.

I recently got quite a few new make-up items, so I decided to just go ahead and try all of them out together. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's what I used:


1. Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer
2. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream
3. Maybelline Fit Me! Blush
4. Maybelline Eyeshadow
5. e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner
6. Covergirl Exact Eyelights Brightening Liner
7. Benefit Watt's Up Highligher
8. Benefit They're Real! Mascara
9. Maybelline Plum-Tastic Lipstick
10. Maybelline Plum-Tastic Lipstick

Out of these ten (wow, there's a lot of make up on my face) products, numbers 2, 5, 7, and 8 were new. 1 is still kind of new, but I've used it before, so we're not going to count it.


Alright! Blank canvas. Just awoken blank canvas, so I'm trying to look awake. I think that resulted in maybe a slightly creepy smile? Meh.


Covering up those pesky dark circles (mostly, anyway). Ugh, how I loathe thee, dark circles.


Now, time to use some of my new BB Cream. This was given to me by my very amazing aunt (Thanks so much! I know you're reading this!).

I've never actually used BB Cream before, but I've heard good things about it, so I was pumped to give this a try.


And boom, there it is on me. (Sorry for the extreme close up!)

I think it has sort of a yellowish undertone? But I think my skin already has a yellowish undertone anyway, so I'm fine with that. I also have very pale skin though. I like it quite a bit, but does it seem light enough for my skin tone? Opinions, I need them! I'm happy that it seems to give my face a bit of color though.


And now with the blush/eye make-up. I actually really like my little sample bottle of They're Real!. I think I might end up going and getting the full size bottle once this runs out.


I like They're Real! a lot more than my old Falsies mascara, I think. And the e.l.f. eyeliner is quite nice too. Only problem I had with it was that I had to keep dipping the brush in the eyeliner, because it doesn't hold much on it.

Also I need to learn how to stop flinching each time cold liquid eyeliner touches my eyelid. Ugh.


And here it all is together. Over all, I'm quite happy with it. (Not very happy with my hair, but that's another issue entirely).

While I don't see much of a need for the Watt's Up highlighter, everything else was pretty fantastic and I'm very happy with the result.

And now for a couple pictures in natural lighting, and not the cold, harsh lighting of my bathroom.



What are your favorite make-up items? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I love how you've done it in steps... you look flawless x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words michelle... i am glad you like the b cream it will us a lot to talk about at xmas... love ya (your awesome auntie..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU for giving me the BB cream. I really love it! Love you! :) ♥

      Michelle

      Delete
  3. The BB cream looks perfect for your skintone! Great mascara too, i genuinely thought you were wearing false eyelashes in 2 pics :O

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely does help give that appearance, which is why I have suddenly found myself falling in love with this mascara! :)

      Michelle

      Delete
  4. I saw BB cream everywhere when I went to Sephora...I'm still confused what it is exactly? What is it supposed to do? My favorite mascara is Diorshow. Expensive, but I love it so much. For cheaper I use maybelline cat eyes. My lashes are already super long so I just need volume :p And I already told you I love bare minerals for foundation/concealer. It's amazing. I just use covergirl pencil (stick?) eyeliner...haven't really been very adventurous with liner. Also, you look super pretty! I'm jealous of your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think BB cream is quite like foundation. Many of them are suppose to moisturize your skin, even out skin tone, give slight coverage.. I'm very new to BB cream, so I'm not really 100% certain, I admit!
      I'll have to check out Diorshow. I have long lashes too, so volume is my number one priority.
      And thank you so much! :) (You're much prettier though!)

      Michelle

      Delete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥