Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Sunday Social {Link Up}

Hey everyone!

Popped back onto the blog to do a fun link up I've been wanting to do for a while! And since it's a Christmas one this week, I definitely just had to do it. Please do check it out, and if you do it, be sure to link me to it! I'd love to read your answers.

Sunday Social

1. What is your favorite holiday season tradition?
I have two favorites. All of the family gathering together on Christmas Eve to open presents together from each other. (Although I admit, it's a little depressing now since I'm so old, I don't get many presents on that day!) And my second favorite would have to be giving my puppies presents to unwrap. This is the first Christmas with the new puppies though, so I have no idea if they'll be smart enough to figure out how to unwrap their gifts!
My last dog, Chomper, tearing open another Christmas present.

2. Do you have a certain holiday movie you watch more than others? If so, what is it?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) was my absolute favorite holiday movie growing up. I would watch it all the time, even when it was no where near Christmas time! I just loved the Grinch. The movie made in 2000 was pretty fantastic too. 

3. Show us your favorite decoration or pinterest decoration you wish you could have?
I have a ton of different decorations I wish I could have for Christmas. My favorite at my house is probably my nativity scene since I love that, but choosing a pinterest decoration, I'd have to either say those orbs of water/food coloring you put out in the snow, which I cannot find the photo for, or these tulle lights.
Photo from Pinterest
4. What is your favorite holiday song?
I previously answered a question like this before, and said "Baby, It's Cold Outside". But then I remembered the song I've been obsessed with since I was quite little (I can't believe I forgot about it in the first place!) and so I can say with confidence that my favorite holiday song is "Silent Night". 

5. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Ack, this question is a lot harder. I'm sort of in love with Cinnamon Bread, which I make every year for Christmas. But I also love the monster cookies one of my aunts always brings to the family gathering each year. So good!

6. What is on your wish list this year?
Way too many things to list. I'm putting up a little mini wishlist tomorrow though. You can check back for that, if you're really curious. Otherwise, off the top of my head, an Xbox One, a shrug from Steampunk Couture, and a homemade gift from the boyfriend!

If you do this link up, let me know! Or answer the questions in the comments so I can read them!

8 comments:

  1. Haha great post! :) my favorite holiday song is "Brand New Chick" *just saying*

    would you like to follow each other? Let me know
    100% Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always watch Pulp Fiction around Christmas, I don't even know why.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon Bread = yummy!!! I love bread and I love cinnamon so that is sounding right up my alley. We buy gifts for our dog each year too. He won't open them though. It would be cute if he would! :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tulle lights are beautiful! I think I need those in my room year round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnamon bread sound sooo good! :)
    I love giving my puppies their Christmas gifts too and watching them go crazy unwrapping them! It's the little things!
    Stopping by from the sunday social!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a cute pup! My brother named his dog Chompers after the Chain Chomps in Mario games haha. My family isn't huge on holidays so I don't have any traditions beside doing Festivus with my friends.
    Big fan of your blog. New follower here :)
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free cricket betting tips for test, one-day, T20 and all other matches

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥