Friday, December 13, 2013

The Christmas Tag

Hey everyone!

I recently found a really neat tag I decided to take part of, created by Georgina from Make Up Pixi3. You can read the original post here.


1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I have actually never experienced a real Christmas tree. I've never owned one, nor have I ever been to someone's house that had a real Christmas tree. So I cant tell you for certain what I prefer. I've grown up with synthetic, so my answer would probably be that. Especially since I hear real trees are quite messy? But I always hurt my fingers spreading out the branches of the synthetic trees, so who knows? Maybe I'd like real more.

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Easy. Starbuck's Grande White Chocolate Mocha with one shot of espresso. It's the only drink I ever get in a coffee shop, any time of the year. I seriously love it so much. But it's even better in December when the weather is cold and I require a toasty drink to warm me up!

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Red and Gold, I suppose. I absolutely love the white trees with red, or the white trees with blue and silver. But for a normal green tree, I love red and gold. Not only does it feel Christmas-y to me, but the colors also remind me of Harry Potter (Yay, Gryffindor!). So double win.

4.  Giving or receiving?
Ah, this is really hard. Nothing beats watching someone dear to me opening a gift and smiling from receiving the perfect present. But also, I still experience the excitement that comes with sitting next to the tree in my pajamas on Christmas morning, tearing open a present that I've been really wanting. So I'm going to have to say 'receiving', unless the presenting I'm giving is something really spectacular.

5.  To mince pie or not to?
I've never had a mince pie. Am I missing out? (I had to Google what a Mince pie actually was. It seems strange!)

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
We don't have a special Sunday lunch. During Christmas Eve and Christmas day we'll all gather at my grandparents and have a large meal. But it varies from year to year. Usually there will be enchiladas because my dad is obsessed with enchiladas. Sometimes there will be lunch meat sandwiches. Sometimes just a giant pot luck (I believe last year we had a pot luck contest for best food brought.) 

7.  Christmas day fashion
My family always tends to just wear what they normally wear, and I did as well. But now that I'm actually starting to enjoy fashion, I've dressed up the last few years. I plan to this time as well. A black dress with red heels on Christmas Eve, and a pink and cream colored lace dress on Christmas Day, with my new booties I'll be getting for Christmas. It's maybe a little too spring-time for Christmas Day, but I'll do my best to rock the look anyway!

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
Besides basically all the songs from Nightmare Before Christmas (that counts, right?), I'd probably have to say 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'. But only the Glee version. I'm obsessed with that version, for whatever reason. I don't even watch Glee (yet!). 

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Both the animated movie, and the one starring Jim Carrey. I grew up watching the animated one, and I recently rewatched the one with Jim Carrey and found it quite adorable. I have a feeling that once I watch Rise of the Guardians, that will become my new favorite though.

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
With the whole family, we open presents together on Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house, and then on Christmas day I'll open presents as soon as I wake up with my parents/boyfriend/puppies. I'd be much too impatient to wait until any later than early morning!

If you're reading this, I tag you! Once you do it, be sure to let me know in the comments. I'll put a link to your post at the bottom of this post!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I'm going to post mine up tomorrow!
    I so had to google what a mince pie was too!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm not the only one with no idea of what a mince pie is!

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥