Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Hi everyone!

Have you all decorated for Christmas time yet? (If you celebrate it, of course!)

We finally did here at my house! We don't go all out like some awesome people do. (If I was rich, I so would though!) But we decorate as nicely as possible.

Our stockings aren't out yet though. We've always had a stocking for me, and a stocking for my puppy. Now that we have two puppies, we need another stocking. So stockings won't go up until we get one for our new baby Zoey! Hopefully this will happen sometime before Christmas...

I didn't get any pictures of our outdoors though. I'm sorry. It's just so cold! I could barely stand running to the car tonight. I couldn't manage to get a nice picture of our outdoor lights. Maybe if it warms up a bit...

Anyway, we put up our tree, of course...


Although we were lazy this year and didn't put up bulbs... I think the lights complete that look enough though! No presents yet..

We never put presents under the tree until a couple days before anyway. I live with a family of procrastinators that hate wrapping, haha!

And put up our nativity scene:


It's probably one of my favorite things we put up each year. It's nice to be reminded that Christmas isn't all about gifts after all!


Each figure is actually really big (I don't think it looks that way in the pictures... But trust me. They're biiiig). And they have cloth pieces too. It's just a really well done set, and I love it.

Plus, it reminds me of when I was in elementary and I got to be Mary in our School musical thing. I didn't say anything... I just looked lovingly down at a doll, but it was one of my favorite moments from elementary school!

Also, I'm making cards this year!


Sorry I'm blocking my face. Each picture that I wasnt blocking my face in, I was making very odd expressions. I think cause I was looking into the light half the time. Whoops!

But I'm making simple little cards for each of my family members, and for members of my boyfriend's family. They're not super thought out or done very well, but I wanted to do something different than just go out and buy cards that don't mean anything. Handmade is always best, right? To me it is, anyway!


I've made about 15 now I think. I only have a few more to go and then I'm done! Yay for not procrastinating this year!

Christmas is expensive, by the way! (Not that I need to tell you that, I'm sure.)

I never used to buy many presents in this past, but I'm trying to get quite a few people bought for this year, and even with all the sales and deals I'm getting, it's over $100. Thank goodness for getting birthday money to help me out. (Only 23 hours until my birthday, wooo!)

So, how are you getting ready for Christmas? Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. So sweet that your doggie has a stocking aww! Your cards look great, you're so much more prepared than I am haha. My mom has put the tree up but I haven't sorted out any of my decorations yet nor started on cards etc :')

    ♥ Little Owl Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, still plenty of time until Christmas! I'm sure you'll get it done with plenty of time to spare. :)

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. Those are the cutest cards ever. I would throw a happy fit if I got one of those in the post.
    I used to send out Christmas cards to friends like everyone else, but these couple of years we're contenting ourselves with just saying "Happy Christmas" to each other. Instead of buying each other presents, I and my friends go out for a meal together around Christmas time and have a good evening. Christmas consumerism is really over the top and while I love buying things as much as the next person, I don't really want to be a part of it any more...
    ... until the January sales.
    Oh, and, have a fab birthday ;)
    Cass x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much!! :)
      I like how you and your friends celebrate together. It sounds much less expensive than buying things for everyone! But I love giving presents too much to stop. But I can't wait for January sales either!
      Thanks again! :)

      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Such a cute post! I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin #258 an now I'm waiting for you too! Let me know if you want to follow each other on Facebook too! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really cute cards! X3 and Christmas is just right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is so adorable :)

    www.passport-to-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥