Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My little holiday shopping haul

Dear Readers,

Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done yet?

I was good this year, and didn't procrastinate for once! ( I mean, I still have a few cards to make, and the boyfriend's homemade gift, but other than that, I'm good!) I got nearly all of my shopping done today. I only have to pick up a gift card to somewhere and I'm totally done!

I'm a huge procrastinator, so I'm pretty proud of this! Now I just have to wrap everything and it will all be good.

But buying things for others wasn't the only thing I did today. I also managed to buy some things for myself with left over money I was surprised I still had! And now I'm completely broke. Sigh.

I won't show you the gifts I got people, in case those people I got the gifts for happen to read this blog entry, but I'll show what I got myself!

Forever 21



Two pairs of tights (one gray with black flower designs and the other a solid pink), a pretty pink nail polish, and a new simple black dress. All bought at Forever 21. I realized after I left that I should have gotten red nail polish since I still need that. But oh well! This shade of pink was too pretty to pass up! Plus, the dress was a great deal at only $8! It was actually cheaper than my gray pair of tights.

Hot Topic


Hot topic! I don't actually shop there too much, since their clothing doesn't usually fall into my preferred style. But I usually always venture into Hot Topic anyway, during each trip to the mall. This time, they were having a buy one get one half off of everything in the store deal. Which was too great to pass up. So I ended up with the skirt and the harness you see in the pictures above! (The second picture showing the front and back of the skirt).

Between me and my boyfriend buying things there (he got two video game t-shirts, a Skyrim wallet, and a hat), we managed to spend enough money to get 3 of the Hot Cash  coupons. Which basically means we spend $30, and $15 is taken off of the total. Which is pretty great. We have $45 in Hot Cash now. So once the designated time comes around, I'll be taking a trip to Hot Topic for sure.

This was the hat my boyfriend got:

Do I make an intimidating Dragonborn? No? Oh.

It's from the video game, the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, for anyone that doesn't know. It's pretty adorable.

I also went to Sephora to pick up my birthday gift! Sephora is super awesome if you're a member, since they give away a little free sample pack for your birthday. Here's mine:



My fun-sized mascara sample, and highlighter sample. I can't wait to give these things a try! They'll probably last me forever (since I'm bad at putting make up on most of the time).

And the last thing I got for myself was this cute little splatter ball, that was only $4 (my boyfriend ended up buying it for me anyway. Thanks Zach!).


As you can see, the ball starts out looking... well, like a ball. Then you throw it against something, and it does what you see in the bottom picture. It flattens out quite a bit! Then it will slowly go back into a ball shape, and you can do it all over again.

I found these things so cute, I had to get one. They had ones shaped like piggies and a mouse-shaped one (the boyfriend got that), and a tomato, but I love this one that looks like an egg! My inner-child demanded that I buy this. Now I just have to keep it away from the dogs so they don't pop it!

Oh! And just because I'm happy with the result, here's a picture of my face, wearing the new e.l.f. brand eyeliner I got recently.


It looks super cute, but it definitely doesn't last all day. By the end of the day it had smudged pretty badly. But while it lasted, I felt pretty amazing.

So yeah, there's my shopping adventure summed up (minus all the little gifts I got!).

So, have you gotten your Christmas shopping done?

6 comments:

  1. Ah! I've finished my Christmas Shopping too minus one person and I'm only holding out in hopes for a sale so I can buy it XD That eyeliner looks way cute too shame it didn't last all day on you.... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I wish it would have lasted longer, but oh well.

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. Love your haul!!! everything is so cute! I love sephora and got those same bday gifts :) x
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done with my christmas shopping. Forever 21 sometimes has good deals you just can't pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they? I really love F21 sometimes. :)

      Michelle

      Delete

All comments make me smile and brighten my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! ♥